WorldSBK Round 2: Pirelli Spanish Round
Circuito de Jerez – Angel Nieto, Jerez, Spain. 31 Jul – Aug 2 2020
Scroll down for the latest news from the third round of the 2020 Superbike World Championship
The Spanish round of the 2020 WorldSBK campaign sees Jerez host the opening European round of the season. The circuit first hosted WorldSBK in 1990 with Raymond Roche claiming a double win. It wasn’t until 2013 that the series returned to Jerez but with a title success for Jonathan Rea in 2015 it has had some notable highlights.
Jerez has been home to much winter testing over the years so this is a circuit that teams and riders are all very well prepared for despite the race taking place in Spring rather than its usual summer Superbike date.
Number of laps: 20
Most Wins: Chaz Davies (3)
Lap Record: Jonathan Rea 1m38.247 (2019)
Race Record:Alvaro Bautista 33m32.300 (2019)
Latest News for Round 2
- WorldSBK: Gordon Ritchie - Racing In The Time Of Covid
- WorldSBK: Redding - A career revitalised
- WorldSBK: Weekend turnaround for Lowes
- WorldSBK: Too hot to handle
- WorldSBK: When will Redding win?
- WorldSBK: Will 2020 be Rea's toughest title defence?
- WorldSBK: Is Toprak ready to topple Toseland's record?
- WorldSBK: Was Michael van der Mark’s lack of podiums in Australia misleading?
- WorldSBK: What will make the BMWs click?
- WorldSBK: How far can Honda go in 2020?
Related Photo Galleries
This Week's Top Racing Lowdown Stories
In motorcycle racing crashes will happen. These might be the best riders in the world but sometimes they'll step off the tightrope of the limit and suffer the consequences. Injuries are a fact of life in racing and every rider is always carrying a knock. They suffer...
Throughout the 2020 season David Emmett, editor of Motomatters.com, will be providing Racing Lowdown with some exclusive analysis of what he sees in MotoGP. This will take the form of the topics that David is most interested in before and after every Grand Prix. Four...
The return of MotoGP has been long awaited and our man on the ground, Polarity Photo's Rob Gray, was busy at work at Jerez. As usual his stunning artwork has been worth the weight! Here's some of Rob's best work from Jerez and if you like what you see be sure to...